Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Oh My!

Well, I'm NOT going to give you a recipe every night. That would just be too much! For you, and for me! But, I was just wondering if any of you have any questions about cooking.... or anything else. I'll come up with an answer. It may not be the one you want, but it will be honest. So, post away, and check back for answers, and, tell your friends! Mama Mona is here!

BTW, have any of you ever taken a road trip with a bestie? I don't mean a one day trip to the coast or the mountains... although, if you haven't done that ... GET IN THE CAR NOW and GO!!!! I can give you some suggestions of day trips if you need some....

No, I mean a loooooooooooooooong road trip! Think Thelma and Louise here..... at least a tame version of it.... like G rated! I had the pleasure of going from Fresno, California to Chicago, Illinois with one of my besties, Jodie, last summer. From the painted rocks of New Mexico to the Art Museum of Chicago and every antique red barn in between, it was FANTASTIC! We saw bison in Yellowstone, the faces of Mt. Rushmore, and the beauty and grandeur of the Grand Tetons rising above wildflower filled meadows. I ate Chicago Style Pizza, Papa John's Pancakes, and tons of snacks (mmmmmm, humus!) in the car. I was licked by a cow! (very slimy! but everyone should do it at least once!), slept in a different bed almost every night, and excitedly saw fireflies flickering along the roadside in rural Iowa. America is a grand country! EVERYONE should travel cross country by car at least once in their life. I was so glad I did! In fact, hubby Gary and I are planning on driving north this summer. Why don't you try it? You'll probably like it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! I definitely want to do that sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete